Sunday 24 June 2012

My Sale Buys

 

I really have gone all out this sale season, and looked for classic pieces which are at a fraction of the price. I like to think of it all as investments, rather than a mass spending spree. At least that way I feel better about parting with the money.

My Alexander Wang has to be my biggest bargain. I bought this at the Selfridges summer sale, as I mentioned Here. However after only a few days wear it came apparent that the bag had started to loose its colour. I didn`t want to part with the bag, and Selfridges couldn`t get hold of another. Luckily the colour loss can` t be noticed and looks just like general wear. However I was disappointed that this had happened a short amount of time. Selfridges agreed to refund me an amount, which I was happy with and allowed me to treat myself to the Mulberry Lily.

I still had a £50 voucher from Mulberry, which I was given as a gift for my birthday. Some reason I haven`t been able to decide what bag I would like to buy. With the voucher used for the bag, it seemed silly not to get it. I think its going to be a fun addition to my collection and I`ll use it occasionally to brighten up outfits.

The Muberry shoes, were something I saw and had to have. Once I knew they were in the sale, I just had to get my hands on them. Sadly the Mulberry website and stores sold out, however I was lucky to nab a pair on the Net-a-Porter sale. I was so impressed with the service, I ordered Monday morning, and the shoes were delivered Tuesday. The shoes need a little breaking in, due to the pointed shape. I plan to wear them quite casual with jeans or tapered trousers, and then more dressy with brighter colours. With all the different colour gems, it will be easy to match them up with anything.

My final buy is something I have been lusting over quite a while. I love the Anya Hindmarch labelled products, and would like more, who wouldn`t. I chose the lotions and potions version, as fisrtly it seemed a more reasonable price for a toiletries bag. I love the Vanity case and the Ipad case, fingers crossed they get reduced a little more. I am traveling away from home quite a bit this summer, so this case is perfect for all my, well lotions and potions.

I know I have spent a lot during these few sales. However I have avoided mass buying at Topshop, due to never wearing any of it, and selling it on Ebay a matter of months later. I know I will use all of the above pieces, and will most definitely be making them worth a cost per use price.  
I really do think due to all the summer sales starting early, and us having so far a non existent summer, reductions are more and it really is a great time to get some classic designer pieces.

Have you invested in anything this sale season? Or is there something your holding out for?

2 comments:

  1. Seriously love all of your purchases. I'm very happy with my new Bayswater and completely agree that sales in places like Topshop aren't really worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I saw your post about your bayswater such a nice colour, will last you years and constantly be on trend. I'm glad I have forked out extra and not wasted my hard earned cash

      Delete