Wednesday 5 September 2012

JW Anderson for Topshop

So come September 14th I know what I'll be doing. After battling many of the H&M collaborations, such as Versace and Lanvin, I know it will be essential for me to be outside Topshop by 7am.

After looking at all the online galleries, and reading the articles, it's clear this is a collaboration for everyone, with prices starting at 99p. It's clear this is Topshops biggest and best collaboration, already it's obvious the collection is full of signatures JW Anderson looks usually seen on the runway. Such as, mannish tailoring, paisley prints, and tartan which are all huge this season. Hot pieces of the season are included with Varsity jackets and cute pinafores. This collection really has something for everyone.

I've found the prices of designer collaborations going up of recent, but this collection really hits those sweet spending points. Let's just hope I have enough saved in the piggy bank. After all my student loan isn't due till the 17th!!

Half of the fun of these sorts of designer collaborations is the pre planning. We're lucky to see all these images before hand, which not only let's us have clear targets for elbowing and where to head come launch day, but also a shopping list. Here's a few of the pieces I'll be hoping to get my hands on:



I seem to have a liking for all the tees and tops on offer but I think these are the four I'll aim for. I love the quilted paisley, and think it may be a top seller of the collection. The animal print tees have a hint of Mulberry about them so how could I resist. Finally the stripe nautical tee is a classic which will last season after season.

The tartan trouser will be another hit I think, and will be the perfect garment piece to wear throughout the season. Pairing this with a classic shirt, or chunky knit will be the best way to wear them.

These Zebra print jeans are so fun. I love the sense of girlyness about them, either paired with the matching tee, a bright knit will be the perfect casual look this season. I may even work them for a night dressed up with some chunky heels and a sequin tee.

It really is all about separates this season, so I'll be avoiding the dresses. However this little outfit is a must for me. Susie Lau of StyleBubble, posted this picture and I'm hoping I can look just as good in it.

Suise Lau of Style Bubble
What do you think of the collection? Is there anything in particular you want to get your hands on?

No comments:

Post a Comment