Thursday 16 February 2012

A NYFW Round Up

I have to honestly admit I haven`t paid a lot of attention to NYFW. Mainly because I am currently obsessed with buying into spring/summer trends, rather than thinking about when this cold weather starts again. However as New York Fashion Week for Autumn/Winter 12 has drawn to a close, I have bought together a few of my favourites.

Marchesa






Something about this collection was very bridal, however very beautiful. I can see that a lot of these dresses will be on the red carpets, or a Gossip Girl society party very soon.
The show was full of drama, with netting and luxurious fabrics. However the feathered pieces I found a slightly too dead bird.

Marc Jacobs

Being a big fan of his previous work and Marc in general, it was safe to say I was not disappointed. A huge hint of a fairy tale and make believe world was shown, most obviously with the over sized hats. Plenty of texture was shown throughout which is something that excites me for the future.

Jenny Packham

I think a slight trade mark of hers once again appeared, shoulder detail. Not only am I looking at this collection hoping her Desginers at Debenhams one later this year is just as good, but also with Kate Middleton in mind. I think it is easy to say there are definitely some pieces fit for a princess.




Oscar De La Renta

I usually think of La Renta, firstly by the SATC wedding dress, that Carrie tries. And then the Couture. Here he certainly is ready for all the upcoming award ceremonies. I can see a lot of La Renta flittering to the high street later this year, with embellishment and over coats being huge.





No comments:

Post a Comment