Tuesday 14 February 2012

21....

It really does seem that as you get older choosing a gift for an event such as a birthday or Christmas seems a lot harder. I remember years back when all I dreamed of was Polly Pockets and a Barbie house with a working lift, now it doesn`t seem quite as simple as a quick flick through the Argos catalogue.
With my 21st birthday a week away, most would think I would have it decided, and it would be readily wrapped. Wrong.
With it being a biggish birthday I want something I can keep, look back on and pass on to my family to come. Something that I know I won`t regret. Therefore I am willing to spend a pretty penny on it.
So easily I have asked for money, somehow I have managed to save myself from spending what has been given to me so far. But today was the real test for that.
Due to my boyfriend kindly whisking me away for my actual birthday my family decided to visit today. We spent the day happily wandering around Manchester town centre, and a spot of lunch at Rosso. However the main aim was to decide on the gift of all gifts. Somehow I haven`t quite decided and not sure why as I have actually spent hours today researching, and even now looked more online. But below is my short-list, feel free to comment on it and push me in a direction that may end up with me actually having a gift before my birthday.


I have always been a fan of Charlotte Olympia shoes; they are a bit more understated than Louboutions yet still have something about them. I was lucky enough to try a pair of these on today in Selfridges. They really are beautiful, however I feel they are a piece which will need an outfit, and something worries me about wearing them. The tiniest scratch or mark and I think I would break down.
                                                    Alexander Wang Rocco Leather Duffle Bag

I have always lusted after this bag, but more so in the beige or black. However the yellow seems something fun and something I really would enjoy. Buying this bag would really break my loyalty to Mulberry, but I think I could be forgiven.
Its Yellow colour is bang on trend now and the colour of SS12 and I think due to the classic shape can be worn throughout the year and any season. This at the minute is a top favourite.
               Mulberry Alexa - Plaster Pink

Never being a big fan of the Alexa these final choices come as a surprise. I previously have found the bag quite manly due to its basing on the Elkington briefcase. But also its a bag everyone has, a bit like the Tan Bayswater, still beautiful never the less. But the foggy grey seems a perfect classic colour for all year round, and when looking today in Selfridges it wasn`t foggy at all. More so a purpley grey. The plaster pink really only caught my eye due to the rose gold, but thought it was worth a mention.
Obviously my undying love to Mulberry puts the Alexa up front, however the hefty price tag, means I shall have to wait longer as I will have to put quite a sum towards it. Not sure I have the will power.

No comments:

Post a Comment