Saturday 17 September 2011

NYFW S/S12

It would be hard to not write a blog rounding up NYFW. Sadly I couldn`t be there but Vogue.co.uk kept me filled in. I saw some beautiful collections, with Rachel Zoe surprisingly being my favourite.
The maxi dress is still going to huge s/s12 and if only I could afford this beautiful one by Rachel Zoe. The print makes it so eye catching, and a stand out number. I can imagine s/s12 will see plenty of copies on the highstreet.

This look, I think can easily be translated and worn now. I love the frill detailing on the sleeves, and the fact such a casual look, can look so smart and sophisticated.

The overall shapes seen at Rachel Zoe, were perfect streamlined suiting and flowing maxis.All very traditional with modern twists of colours and prints.

When looking at the Oscar De La Renta show report I can`t decide whats better, the front row or the collections. The pictures are enough to blow you away, the first three dresses show fabulous jewel colours, in expansive over powering taffeta.


The colour continued with floaty chiffon dresses and colour blocked trousers.The shaped bodice on this canary yellow dress is beautiful and I can see the looks of colour blocking translating onto the high street next summer.
Oscar De La Renta showed lots of texture with fur and feathers. Tasselled dresses, and chanel like tweeds. I will definitely will be looking  for my own version of the tweed chanel like suiting, dresses and jackets.
Jenny Packham, was always going to be a big show due to Kate Middleton wearing two of her creations earlier in the year. Looking at the Packham show report you can easily see pieces that I can imagine being on the back of the Duchess of Cambridge soon. I also wouldn`t be surprised if a few of these creations show up in a Gossip Girl episode soon.





Diane Von Furstenberg, showed bright prints with bold colours. Also noticeable were the small details of sequins frills and bows which added a little something extra I feel.


It would be hard not to mention Victoria Beckhams shows, however I think her newly born daughter Harper stole the show.

I know I haven`t rounded up a lot but I have just picked out a few of my favourites from New York. I`m looking forward to seeing what comes from London, especially Mulberry tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. love the yellow dress :)
    i just subcribed to your blog..hope u subcribe back id love to comment some more :)
    xx,Bisera

    ReplyDelete