Saturday 5 January 2013

New Year Beauty Haul

 

I've never been an obsessive fan of beauty products. My brushes are all MAC, my make up all MAC, and the majority of my skin care, yep you guessed it MAC. I am a loyal MAC follower, and swear by their products.

However something of recent changed. Most likely spurred on by my trusty MAC foundation brush breaking, and begging my boyfriend to buy me a new brush set for christmas. Due to my loyalties, I automatically sent him to MAC for the Christmas brush gift set. However they were all sold out. He did however manage to surprise me with a beautiful Dior brush set, which has the softest blush brush imaginable.

With a bit of spare time over the Christmas break, I found myself researching beauty blogs, mainly Lily Pebbles, Vivianna Does MakeUp,Tanya Burr and Pixie Woo youtube videos. Which has turned me into, what can only be described as a beauty blog whore. All these can easily be found on YouTube.

So in the past two weeks I've invested in quite a few beauty products. Firstly, the Real Techniques Core Collection brushes. A brilliant buy, designed by Pixie Woo make up artist Sam Chapman. I'm still playing around with these, but I've instantly seen the difference from applying my foundation, with the pointed brush. My instance reaction to these brushes, was to buy more. So I've just ordered the Stippling brush, apparently a beauty bloggers secret,

To keep all these brushes top tip, I've invested in MACs brush cleaner. For £9.50, it's a large bottle which I can see lasting a long time.

A few other MAC purchases have included their new BB cream, and Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose, part of the Après Chic collection and finally the new Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara, which is apparently going to create curl and extend length of my lashes.

Apart from MAC I have a soft spot for Topshop make up, in a recent trip I stocked up on the Louise Gray, Legend lipstick. Which is in the sale for £3, grab it while you can. A Red and Pink coloured lip pencil and finally a blush/bronzer, which I've been using with my Real Technique contouring brush.

My final purchase, after watching many a beauty blogger review, is the Bioderma Crealine H20 Micelle solution. It's yet to arrive, but I am excited to see what all the fuss is about.

It's quite unlike me to spend so much money, and time researching beauty products, however it makes a nice change than searching through the remainders of the Topshop sale. Have you bought anything you wouldn't normally this New Year?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment