Monday 12 November 2012

Costume, Cakes and Theatre

I recently was lucky to be treated by my mum to a London day out. We started with a visit to the V&A, to see the Hollywood Costume exhibition . This was great fun, seeing pretty much all my favourite costumes, including the Titanic dress worn by Rose, Audrey Hepburn's Givenchy LBD from Breakfast at Tiffanys and a personal favourite, the real ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz. Its a great day out if you get a chance to visit before it closes in January.

Maybe the most fun part of the day was the Pret a Portea at The Berkeley Hotel. This tea I've been dreaming of, I tried to book to go back in May however weekends were booked up till August. So hook early. All the cakes are based on this seasons catwalks, such as a sell out Fendi boot biscuit and a YSL sponge cake. And to top it off served on Paul Smith china.

The final treat of the day was to watch Matilda, at the Cambridge theatre seven dials near Covent Garden. A must see if you get a chance. Tim Michin's music is genius.

The theatre is always a fun thing to do and something my mum and I enjoy doing together. And with the Spice Girl musical and The Bodyguard opening soon they'll be plenty more to see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment